Tiny Germ Carrier

Hello everyone. Sorry I missed you all yesterday, but we were all sick. Yes all of us right down to the dogs.

It all started with Evie throwing up at daycare Thursday. We thought nothing of it as she seemed fine, no fever and went on about her day.  Saturday she did it again and then the runs began.  She had three blowouts Saturday.  She also seemed uninterested in eating and well was fussy as all get out.  Sunday she had two blowouts and I decided a trip to urgent care was needed.  Turns out she had a double ear infection. Hate those things. So off to the pharmacy to pick up her meds.  I arrive to the drive thru window with my very fussy baby in the backseat only to wait for 15 minutes behind another car.  The drive thru is not for waiting people... not with a fussy infant.  I finally get up to the window and they tell me her meds will be $475.  WHAT???!!  You have got to be kidding me. And this was with insurance.  And the substitute med was $350.  Thank you obamacare.  I called the pedi back and she gave me a coupon code.  So an hour later and still $110 we had meds for the baby and were headed home.

The rest of Sunday went ok.  We went to our neighborhood Christmas dinner and arrived back home, put the baby to bed and then it hit.  My tummy began to hurt.  I wanted to hurl people.  And J, well he had the runs and wanted to hurl as well.  At first I blamed the food we had just eaten.. until my mom and brother later confirmed they had the same thing and we knew it... Evie the tiny germ carrier hit.  Yesterday was a mess. I sent E to school so J and I could rest. I finally upchucked everything and hit the Pepto.  I got up and started to work around 10:30 a.m. J on the other hand was down and out for the count.  Flu like all day.  Achy body, ya'll he looked green.  I worked off and on for about 5 hours napping in between when my stomach felt upset.  I finally got J out of the house for some fresh air around 3pm and got him a smoothie. It was the first thing we ate all day.  I then headed to the grocery store and picked up E from school.  I could tell she was feeling better and man we needed a day to rest.  Hmm all it took for a day alone was being sick in bed.

So, last night I rubbed everyone down with Thieves, went to town with the bleach on the house and crawled into bed around 10 p.m.  This morning, everyone seemed a lot better. I am at work, J too the struggle bus to work and well E was happy as a little clam. 

In other news, my brother graduated with his bachelors degree Friday.  To say I was proud is an understatement.  This has been a work for him for over 10 years.

We also went to the Nutcracker Friday night as part of my anniversary gift and Evie well, despite feeling awful is still utterly cute.

Now, I just need to get some last minute gifts and get some things wrapped up and oh hey Christmas is 10 days away!

And big things are happening around this ole blog come January 1! Stay tuned.