5 Products I Can't Live Without
I am a busy working mom. I have found that my beauty routine has become much more streamlined after having a baby. Between getting her ready for school, getting myself ready for work, tending to the dogs and remember to take something out for dinner, I have little time to mess around with tons of products. So, here are my top 5 I can't live without. Sure I use a few others here and there, but these will never leave my caboodle-- ok so I don't use a caboodle anymore, but you get my drift.
1. Murad Advanced Acne and Wrinkle Reducer. It's dual purpose so what's not to like? My post partum skin has the occasional breakout and this is my go-to when dealing with the bumps of life. It also is a an anti-aging serum which my 33 year skin loves.
2. Rodan and Fields Eye Cream. Ya'll I love this stuff. It goes on and stays put. It does not cause my makeup to run or smear and keeps the crows feet and fine lines at bay. I love R+F and use tons of products from several of their regimens, but this is my go-to.
3. Frankincense Essential Oil. I love my Young Living oils, but this one has also been a skin essential. Frankincense, ya know back to the time of the Three Wise Men, is great for tons of skin issues including fine lines, cystic acne, sun spots and other general discoloration. I just use one drop along with my night cream and I have noticed a huge difference in my skin. Downside... its one of the most expensive oils, so its my splurge and I use sparingly. I often rotate it with orange essential oil, which is also great for skin discoloration and suppleness.
4. Radiant Creamy Concealer . Yes bloggers rav about it, but its because its so good. If I use nothing else, I put on concealer and mascara. This one is great, its light, creamy, but covers well, doesn't run and stays put all.day.long!
5. Mascara. Brand is irrelevant. The only thing I learned from years of being on stage, speaking to a crowd and from the best beauty minds, its mascara is a must. It opens your eyes, makes you look put together and is the one make up item you shouldn't leave home without. Even on those days that I wear nothing, I put on some mascara to look alive. Something about it makes me just feel like I've accomplished something. Everyone has a brand they love so stick with it. I wax and wane on brands as well as waterproof or not.
If you want to know more about my actual make up routine, let me know. I have a 5 minutes face that I can do while holding a baby. Or if you want to know more about essential oils or R+F ask away!