What's Hap-Pinning Wednesday
|Linking up with Jenn & Jessi|
This was super easy peasy and pretty tasty. When I do it again, I'll only use two chicken breasts.
- 2-3 chicken breasts
- 1 (16oz) BBQ sauce
- 1 (20oz) can pineapple chunks or tidbits
- Place Trivet in botton of Instant Pot
- drain pineapple
- mix BBQ sauce and pineapple chunks
- add 1/2 - 1 cup water to bottom of Instant Pot
- Smother chicken breasts with sauce mixture
- place in Pot
- dump rest of sauce and pineapple mixture
- Set Pot to Manual Mode and cook with high pressure for 13 minutes
- when time up, hit cancel and natural release pressure for 5-10 minutes
- Server over rice or veggies
Tuscan Chicken Pasta
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons paprika , smoked or regular, salt and pepper
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 1 cup chopped yellow onion
- 1 teaspoon EACH dried basil, garlic powder, Italian Seasonin4 1/4 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup milk
- 12 oz dry penne or farfalle pasta (I used veggie pasta)
- 6 ounces cream cheese , softened and cut into small pieces (I used low-fat)
- 1 1/2 cups freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 8 oz jar sun-dried tomatoes , drained and chopped ( I left this out)
- 4 oz fresh baby spinach
- Salt and pepper to taste
1. Turn Instant pot to saute.
2. Season chicken breasts on both sides with paprika, salt and pepper.
3. Add 1 tablespoon olive oil to the hot instant pot.
4. Add chicken breasts and cook for 2 minutes on each side, until browned, but not cooked through. Remove to a plate.
5. Add butter and onion to the pot and sauté for 2 minutes.
6. Add chicken broth, (scraping the bottom of the pot to deglaze it), seasonings, milk, pasta, and chicken breasts back to pot.
7. Close IP lid and turn release valve to sealed. Cook on manual (high pressure) for 5 minutes.
8. When the timer beeps, turn valve to quick release, to release the pressure.
9. Carefully open lid. Remove chicken to a plate and tent with foil. (Don’t skip this step. The chicken will continue to cook under the foil).
10. Stir in cream cheese, stirring gently until it’s melted and the sauce is smooth.
11. Stir in parmesan cheese, sun dried tomatoes and spinach. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
12. Chop chicken and return to pot.
13. Sauce will thicken as it cools. Serve warm, garnished with extra parmesan cheese, if desired.
The Tuscan Chicken Pasta was to die for and reheats very well. I would do this again! The Hawaiian Chicken was also good, but like I said above, I need to use either more sauce or less chicken breasts.
But I also love that these recipes fit easily into my meal plan. Yup, you heard me, I can have pasta and rice. Everything in moderation and lots of good food.
Do you have an Instant Pot? Do you love it? If not, invest! I got my 8 quart duo for $99 at Kohl's thanks to Kohl's cash and 30% of with my Kohl's card!
What do you love in your Instant Pot? I need more recipes!