Friday 5 & Weekly Wins
Hey hey Friday! This has been quite the week ( I know I always say that....) So here is the 5 on Friday & Weekly Wins.
1. I got the opportunity to go through de-escalation training with our police department yesterday. It was quite the humbling experience. I was faced with a scenario of a domestic disturbance between a woman and her ex-husband who broke into her house. I could not see the man nor did I know what weapon he may have. I could tell he was drunk and very upset. I had to arrest him for violating an emergency protective order. Ya'll I never made it in the house. My heart raced and I was just at a loss of what to do. There fear of the unknown in that house scared me. This is what our officers face every single day. They have to make split second decisions, are faced with the unknown and are under constant scrutiny. I have so much admiration for our officers now. So, whether you like them or not, you need to remember that they willing put their lives on the line every day. Thank an officer.
2. Books! I decided to continue with the self-care and delve into some personal development. I ordered
I have heard great things about it and I get to listen in on an interview with the author in an upcoming training for my side-gig. I also ordered a couple devotionals, so let me know if you have read:
3. Self Care Challenge. Who has been participating? Have you been really tuning into your self-care? Let me know what you have been doing. In case you missed my
(it included my Botox experience).
4. Dance Photos. E's dance photos are this weekend. Let's see how getting her in her costume and hair up and makeup goes at 12:30 on a Saturday. Wish me luck! In other news, how adorable is my sweet girl in her princess pics?
5. What do you want to see more of? What do you want me to blog about? What questions do you have of me? I want to know your thoughts! Please let me know.
I have 3 women starting my virtual fit group on Monday! There is still time and room so let me know if you're interested.
I got a new case last week and it involved some statute of limitation issues I had never seen before. Well, after a week of research I have a plan and feel good about what I have discovered. #lawnerd
I have been dubbed the office planner. I got assigned to help plan our annual attorney retreat and feel quite honored since its normally only the sections chiefs who get to help.
My nails are growing like weeds! (Now if I could stop biting them...)
I successfully cleaned out part of my closet. More to go!
What wins did you have this weekend?