10 Things About Me
Last week Danielle reintroduced herself by asking some questions of her readers and also answering the questions herself. I love these kinds of posts because you learn fun things about people and make connections. I also have a bunch of new readers (hello and thank you) and I love getting to know others from the blogging community.
So answer your questions in my comments or make a post of you own.
1. Where do you call home?
2. What jobs have you held, and what do you do now?
3. What is a secret (or not so secret) talent you have?
4. What accomplishment are you most proud of from the past year?
5. What is one concert or show you'd love to see?
6. What type of person attracts you (not romantically, just generally)?
7. What is something you can't stop daydreaming about?
8. If you could eat one meal for the rest of your life, what would it be?
9. Favorite place to go on vacation?
10. What's something that is calming to you?
Now for my answers!
1. Where do you call home? I call my home Fort Worth. Texas! I have lived in here since I started college at TCU in the fall of 2001 and have only left when I attended law school in Lubbock, Texas. However, little known fact, I was born in Pennsylvania and moved to Texas when I was 2. My mom just literally up and left PA with my brother and I leaving out entire family behind.
2. What jobs have you held, and what do you do now? Currently, I am an assistant city attorney for Fort Worth. Before this, I was in private practice doing insurance coverage and first and third party defense. Prior to law school, I was an event planner for TCU. And if we want to go way back, I was a carhop at Sonic, a receptionist at a car dealership, the front desk girl at a health club and babysitter.
3. What is a secret (or not so secret) talent you have? I think you all know by now that I was baton twirler from age 2 and still teach lessons.
4. What accomplishment are you most proud of from the past year? The past year? Admitting I was depressed and needed to make changes in my life. It was a hard reality, but something that I am so glad I confronted. It led me to start my fitness business and be a much better wife and mama.
5. What is one concert or show you'd love to see? Ya’ll I can count on 1 hand the number of concerts I have been to. Not sure why, but it just never sounds good to me. But George Strait is playing in Fort Worth at our new arena next year and I so want to go. But tickets sold out in seconds and are now going for like $400 a pop. I would also love to see Britany.
6. What type of person attracts you (not romantically, just generally)? Someone who is funny, witty and honest and raw. Blogging is the best for this. You can meet so many women and truly feel you know them because you only read their words. Social media has also allowed me to meet some fabulous women as well. But you have to have that wit about you.
7. What is something you can't stop daydreaming about? A new house with a pool. We have toyed with the idea of moving and we would want a pool. We love to swim and well in Texas you can do it almost year ‘round. But the thought of moving and redoing another house just makes me tired and exhausted. I am no Jessi and her list for fixer uppers.
8. If you could eat one meal for the rest of your life, what would it be? I am going to go with hamburger and french fries, mostly for the fries. I love a good french fry dipped in ketchup.
9. Favorite place to go on vacation? We do our annual trip to 30a, but the hubs and I are starting to take a couples vacation each year and so we need suggestions. We have pondered Costa Rica, St. John’s, Savannah, GA, Charleston, SC, Cape Cod and Europe.. broad list I know.
10. What's something that is calming to you? Reading. When I am stressed out and need to relax reading takes me away to a different place and relaxes me. I can drift off into a new world where my current troubles are far away (like the song.. you get it). I love to read and have 2-3 books going at one time.
Now, let’s hear your answers!