Favorite Family Friendly Restaurants in Fort Worth
I get asked all the time about the best places to eat in Fort Worth. And then immediately people say, oh and I need them to be family friendly. So, I have compiled the best family friendly places to eat in Fort Worth, Texas. Sit back, relax and see where I love to eat in my hometown.
6 Family Friendly Places to Eat in Fort Worth, TX
1.Rogers’s Roundhouse. Proudly located in Fort Worth, Rogers Roundhouse is a bar and kitchen that celebrates the Union Pacific Railroad: a major part of the city’s history. It is named for the retired engine repair facility – known as a “roundhouse” – that once operated at neighboring Davidson Yard. Good food. Good beer. Lots of room for the kids to roam and play!
2. Rodeo Goat. If its a burger you crave, then Rodeo Goat is the place to satisfy the craving. Located in Crockett Row at W. 7th, Rodeo Goat is Fort Worth go-to burger spot.
3. The Tavern. This just happens to be E’s favorite place to go. The Tavern is a chef-driven restaurant committed to serving great food, made fresh every day, in a stylish, yet relaxed atmosphere. They serve housemade, contemporary American cuisine with a Southwestern flair featuring organic produce, naturally-raised meats, and sustainable seafood whenever possible. They offer a full kids’ menu that comes with an ice cream sandwich at the end and coloring pages. We love it for the friendly service, good food, and easy-going crowd.
4. Press Cafe. Located in the up and coming Clearfork area, Press cafe offers amazing food and the perfect spot for your littles to run and play. Press sits on the Clearfork Trailhead and is always buzzing with bike riders, runners and hosts the local farmers’ market every Saturday. Oh, and did I mention it was named as having one of the top 50 burgers in Texas by Texas Monthly?
5. Piatello Italian Kitchen. Maybe its the location or the amazing food, but Piatello is an all-around pick for our family. It features a from-scratch, seasonally-rotating menu with fresh, hearty Italian dishes, including housemade breads, pastas, charcuterie & cheeses and pizzas. Located in the Waterside development, it has an amazing patio that overlooks a huge area that is just made for kids to roam.
6. Woodshed. BBQ, elevated. Woodshed sits in the banks of the Trinity River just off University Drive adjacent to Colonial Country Club and less than a mile from TCU. This amazing outdoor place offers the best in BBQ from Tim Love. Again, plenty of room for the kiddos to run and play and features live music, sports and beer. Oh, and is totally dog friendly!
Are you from around DFW? Let me know your favorite places to eat with kids in tow!